Hire a freelancer to record brass in studio quality
Hello! I’ve been playing trombone for 24 years, and am an established arranger and musician in Los Angeles. I’ve recorded on two Grammy-nominated albums, and performed/recorded for artists like Patti LaBelle, Bobby McFerrin and A.R. Rahman. Check out my portfolio to hear full-length examples!
| Salsa | Pop | Funk | Soul | Hip-hop | Rap | RnB | Reggae | Jazz | Classical
- Bass trombone
- Tuba (see FAQ)
- French Horn
- Re-creating MIDI stems with real instruments
- Coming up with original lines & horn section arranging
- Improvised solos
- 4K videos with professional lighting
I always deliver 100% balanced and cleanly played stems – no clipping or cracked notes! All tracks are recorded with a tuner, to make sure there’s no editing required.
- Acoustically treated room
- Slate VMS ML-1 – Large diaphragm condenser microphone
- Royer 121 – Ribbon microphone
- Apollo Twin X audio interface/preamp
- I can work from stems or mixdowns
- I can read sheet music or play by ear
- Check out my gig extras. Need horn section mixing, video, or sheet music? Quick turnaround? Not a problem!
Click the Contact Seller button to get started!
Service Rating – 5/5.0 (38)
About the Freelancer
Name – joakimtoftgaard
Short Description – Trombonist, trumpeter and arranger
Freelancer Rating – 5/5.0 (49)
Joakim is an active performer, studio musician, arranger, and educator based in Los Angeles.
As a founding member of the group Dallas Horns, Joakim spends a lot of his time in the studio, arranging and recording music in a variety of genres. He is currently the trombonist and horn arranger for multi-Grammy® award winner A. R. Rahman, performing internationally with his band as well as recording on movie soundtracks. Toftgaard also performs with various groups in Los Angeles as a freelance artist.